Some news stories you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Illinois state Sen. Neil Anderson (R) is getting backlash after saying all-gender restrooms would drive him and other fathers to violence. Anderson said he would “beat the living p—” out of any “guy” who entered a restroom where his daughter was present.
• Variety: Academy Award winner Joaquin Phoenix’s next film project will be a gay love story set in 1930s Los Angeles.
Joaquin Phoenix's Next Project Will Be an NC-17 Gay Love Story https://t.co/4lWeXSCevw
— Variety (@Variety) May 22, 2023
• CBS News Austin: LGBTQ advocacy groups and some members of the community are saying the Texas Senate is attempting to covertly add “don’t say gay” language to House Bill 890.
• Business Insider: The far-right extremist group Proud Boys are reportedly planning their biggest Pride Month disruptions ever.
Business Insider – Unbowed, Proud Boys are planning now for their biggest Pride Month disruptions ever, extremism watchdogs warn https://t.co/4qo2sRLdLt pic.twitter.com/sEtJBDfecp
— Jason S ♋ 🇺🇸 (@theluckyman) May 20, 2023
• Bloomberg News: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said he wants U.S. President Joe Biden to be re-elected because the Democrat is better for America, adding that former President Donald Trump stands for a “great division” in his country which would also be bad for Germany.
• JoeMyGod: Folks at the virulently anti-LGBTQ Heritage Foundation are aghast that Fox News employees are allowed to use bathrooms that align with their gender identity, rather than their biological sex, and permitted to dress in alignment with their preferred gender.
Hate Group Attacks "Woke" Fox For Pro-Trans Policies – https://t.co/qo1LlWvOhN pic.twitter.com/ohnnVhS6PQ
— JoeMyGod (@JoeMyGod) May 22, 2023