Some news stories you might have missed:
• New York Times: Check out this playful exploration into our attraction of the mustache. “Why does every man who catches your eye have a mustache?”
The mustache is enjoying one of its periodic renaissances.
“It’s very masculine, but it’s also very flamboyant and quietly sort of queer-coded,” one man from Brooklyn said. “The entire gender spectrum is obsessed with my mustache, as am I.”https://t.co/NR6ATmD3Ps
— The New York Times (@nytimes) June 1, 2023
• Reuters: The frontrunner to be Thailand’s next prime minister joined a Pride parade in Bangkok on Sunday, promising to pass a law that would allow same-sex marriage and gender identity rights if he becomes premier.
• LGBTQ Nation: A higher court in Japan has found that the country’s lack of marriage equality is unconstitutional.
— LGBTQ Nation (@lgbtqnation) June 4, 2023
• Pink News: California governor Gavin Newsom has condemned the “offensive” statement from an “ignorant” school board president who called gay rights icon Harvey Milk a “pedophile” during a book ban debate.
• The Advocate: A Utah school district recently removed the King James Bible from elementary and middle school libraries following a state law that bans books with “sensitive material.” As we all know, the Bible contains passages that include rape, incest, and murder.
• Christian Post: Conservatives are deeply offended that Chick-fil-A has adopted Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) policies stating the food chain is no longer “one of us.”
Chick-Fil-A’s DEI policy an intentional shift to progressivism https://t.co/pPB3eBuGoa
— The Christian Post (@ChristianPost) June 4, 2023