Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: A young woman claims that a small Florida Christian university in West Palm Beach withdrew her offer of admission because she is gay. The school denies the student’s claims, but Gianna Palmo says she has receipts that call the school’s denial into question.
Gianna Palmo claims that a small Florida Christian university withdrew her offer of admission because she is gay — and she went to TikTok to prove it. https://t.co/xmczvLDxMf
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) July 12, 2022
• Gr8erDays: Click over to this round-up of iconic poster hunks to see how many you remember from the 1970s and 1980s.
• Bloomberg Quicktake: Former White House Counsel Pat Cipollone told the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack at the U.S. Capitol that Trump should’ve conceded the election. Cipollone said, “If your question is did I believe he should concede the election at a point in time, yes, I did.” Mark Meadows “shared this view.”
“Did I believe he should concede the election at a point in time? Yes, I did.”
— Bloomberg Quicktake (@Quicktake) July 12, 2022
• Axios: Stephen Ayres, who pleaded guilty to disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building for entering the Capitol on Jan. 6, testified that he and his associates hadn’t planned to go to the Capitol until Trump’s speech at the Ellipse “got everyone riled up.” “We basically were just following what he said. I was hanging on every word he was saying.”
• Twitter: Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker explains the Green New Deal is bad because “China gets our good air, their bad air got to move, so it moves over to our good air space. Then now we got to clean that back up.” #srsly
Herschel on the climate/Green New Deal/air:
“Since we don’t control the air our good air decided to float over to China’s bad air so when China gets our good air, their bad air got to move. So it moves over to our good air space. Then now we got we to clean that back up.” pic.twitter.com/BsR4GVAbX7
— stephen fowler (@stphnfwlr) July 11, 2022