Some news items you might have missed:
• Instinct Magazine: Seven members of the Manly Sea Eagles rugby team in Australia have decided they’d rather sit out their next game – where members were to wear Pride jerseys – based on religious and ‘cultural’ grounds. Their choice will very well cost the team the match.
p.s. News of the 7’s boycott instantly began a buying frenzy for the Pride jerseys and they are now SOLD OUT.
• Washington Post: The Biden administration on Monday afternoon moved to restore protections for LGBTQ Americans and other groups seeking health services that were struck down under Donald Trump.
• New York Times: As monkeypox spread in New York, 300,000 vaccine doses sat in Denmark. The federal government adopted a wait-and-see response to the monkeypox outbreak, calling for more vaccines to be delivered only after cases were growing exponentially.
As monkeypox spread in New York and beyond, some 300,000 doses of a ready-to-use vaccine owned by the U.S. sat in a facility in Denmark. https://t.co/OyHypIlWNy
— The New York Times (@nytimes) July 26, 2022
• LGBTQ Nation: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and Lauren Boebert (R-CO) attacked a Canadian teacher for being gay on her Twitter account, which has 1.4 million followers.
• Pink News: Adele has finally announced her rescheduled Las Vegas residency, Weekends with Adele. at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace. The performances will reportedly take place between 18 November and 25 March.
• Twitter: Giving a speech today in Washington, D.C., Donald Trump called for executing anyone convicted of dealing drugs. No word on where Junior will get his supply.
Former Pres. Trump: “You execute a drug dealer and you save 500 lives …. It’s time to get brutally tough on the dealers and traffickers and narco-terrorist cartels who are stealing over 200,000 American lives a year.”pic.twitter.com/1n6udglvDc
— Alex Salvi (@alexsalvinews) July 26, 2022