Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Police officials in London have warned people who use Grindr of an alarming string of robberies associated with the hookup app. It’s not the first time the app has been used for bad things.
• Pink News: Democratic Nebraska state senator Megan Hunt has proposed an amendment to a homophobic, anti-drag bill which would ban church youth camps or, as she puts it, “religious indoctrination camps.”
Democrat counters Republican attacks on drag queens with call for ban on church youth camps https://t.co/NS8CE87z2a
— PinkNews (@PinkNews) January 31, 2023
• The Bulwark: A recent poll shows that 28% of Republican primary voters already locked in for Donald Trump say they’ll support him even if he ran as an independent in the 2024 general election.
• LoveBScott: Dorión Renaud chats on behind-the-scenes dishonesty at “The Real (Fake) Friends of WeHo” reality series, and what’s next for his skincare line Buttah.
Exclusive: The Real Fake Friends of WeHo, Dorión Renaud Spills About the Show, and What's Next for Buttah https://t.co/49FjmFAAKl @DorionRenaud #RealFriendsOfWeHo #therealfriendsofweho
— B. Scott (@lovebscott) January 27, 2023
• Minnesota Public Radio: Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has signed the PRO Act into law, guaranteeing the right to abortion in the state despite any future laws challenging it. Also protected are access to birth control, sterilization and family planning support.
• Miami Herald: Campaign finance filings for embattled Rep. George Santos (R-NY) say the campaign picked up a $199.99 tab at Miami diner. But the restaurant has no record of a check for that amount. Receipts from that day showed no table spent more than $127.35, including tip.
NEW: George Santos reported meals at a Miami Beach diner. The diner found no record of them.
He reported parking at a Miami Beach lot. The city says the dollar amounts would be impossible.
Retracing Santos’ steps in South Florida:https://t.co/yY6xQvAGso
— Aaron Leibowitz (@aaron_leib) January 30, 2023