Some news items you might have missed:
The role of a lifetime. Lea Michele joins the cast of FUNNY GIRL as Fanny Brice beginning September 6. See you at the August Wilson! pic.twitter.com/nQatXGOzee
— Funny Girl on Broadway (@FunnyGirlBwy) August 19, 2022
• NBC Out: A RuPaul’s Drag Race alum has been accused of stealing $700 from a woman’s purse in the middle of a Las Vegas “Drag Brunch” performance.
• Deadline: Sex and the City fans will be thrilled to hear John Corbett’s Aidan Shaw will reunite with former love Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker) on HBO Max’s And Just Like That. According to reports, Corbett is set for a substantial, multi-episode arc.
John Corbett To Join ‘And Just Like That…’, Reprising Aidan Role In Season 2 Of ‘Sex and the City’ Sequel https://t.co/9IzSvk1ARt
— Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) August 19, 2022
• Washington Blade: Trans student athletes will be allowed to te play on in Utah after Judge Keith Kelly and the Third District Court of Utah granted a preliminary injunction against H.B. 11, blocking the new anti-trans law from being enforced–at least for now.
• Pink News: Two young queer men were “stamped on and stripped” in a horrifying homophobic gang attack on London’s Southbank, after leaving popular LGBTQ+ club G-A-Y Late.
— Southwark Police | Central South BCU (@MPSSouthwark) August 19, 2022
• The Gaily Grind: Boston Children’s Hospital has received a high volume of hostile internet activity, phone calls, and harassing emails, including threats of violence aimed at doctors and staff caring for transgender children.
• The Advocate: Former Trump lawyer Jenna Ellis continues her endless attacks on the LGBTQ community.
The left is *still* big mad that conservative women are hotter than Rachel Maddow 🤣
If you’re so mad about it, try embracing your femininity instead of looking “gender neutral” or like dudes.
— Jenna Ellis 🍊🦅 (@JennaEllisEsq) August 19, 2022