Some news items you might have missed:
• LGBTQ Nation: A federal judge has ruled that children’s books about puppies going to a Pride parade and “Uncle Bobby’s Wedding” are not “sex education.”
• Washington Blade: The Brazilian Supreme Federal Court has ruled homophobia is now punishable with up to five years in prison. By a 9-1 vote, the justices said homophobia equates to racism in terms of prison time.
🇧🇷 Brazil’s Supreme Court has ruled that homophobia is now punishable by prison terms of two to five years.
🏳️🌈 The 9-1 ruling that took place on Tuesday now puts homophobic slurs on par legally with racist hate speech. pic.twitter.com/tTNUgxcwSG
— Openly 🏳️🌈 (@Openly) August 24, 2023
• Politico: And the worm begins to turn as three of Donald Trump’s co-defendants indicted in Georgia now say they took the steps they did because Trump, then the sitting president, told them to.
• JoeMyGod: GOP White House hopeful Nikki Haley doubled down on her assertion that President Biden will surely die in office if reelected, saying, “There’s no way that Joe Biden is going to finish out a next term.”
Sorry @GStephanopoulos, everyone in America can see Joe Biden’s decline and have concerns about his ability to serve a second term.
They know a vote for Joe Biden is a vote for Kamala Harris.
The media needs to stop protecting Biden and tell America the truth. pic.twitter.com/6UZ8sxnrpB
— Nikki Haley (@NikkiHaley) August 25, 2023
• CSpan: When President Biden was asked about Donald Trump’s now infamous mug shot, he told reporters, “I did see it on television. Handsome guy.”
President Biden on Former President Trump's mugshot: "Handsome guy. Wonderful guy." pic.twitter.com/xbsuStN2Z0
— CSPAN (@cspan) August 25, 2023