|(image via Flickr/Thomas Hawk)|
The New York Daily News is reporting that disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein is expected to surrender to authorities sometime on Friday to face charges related to alleged sexual misconduct in connection to a probe by the Manhattan District Attorney’s office and NYPD.
The Academy Award winning producer is facing charges regarding at least one accuser, Lucia Evans, who told authorities that Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex on him in 2004, sources said.
Weinstein is expected to be charged with felony sexual assault.
The Daily News reports that due to the nature of the allegations, the statute of limitations does not apply.
In October 2017, following numerous allegations of sexual misconduct, Weinstein was fired from his company and expelled from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
By the end of October, well over 80 women had made allegations against Weinstein. The allegations were the impetus for the “#MeToo” social media campaign.
Since then the launch of the #MeToo campaign, gay men have stepped forward alongside women to share their stories of sexual misconduct in the workplace.
Weinstein has maintained that he is innocent of all alleged wrongdoing.