Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: An Idaho man jailed for allegedly yelling homophobic slurs as he attempted to run over two women with his car is now facing an arson charge as well, but Idaho law prevents filing hate charges against the man.
An Idaho man in jail for allegedly yelling homophobic slurs as he attempted to run over two women with his car is now facing an additional felony arson charge. https://t.co/ib4k6iBm2l
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) October 18, 2022
• Billboard Magazine: When asked if he fells any regret for his string of anti-Semitic comments over the past few weeks, Kanye West (now just “Ye”) told Piers Morgan, “Absolutely not.”
• Variety: Tony Award winner Patti LuPone says even though she gave up her Equity card, that doesn’t mean she won’t perform on stage. Citing shortened attention spans, LuPone doesn’t believe “plays are going to have long lives on Broadway — I feel as though it’s turning into Disneyland, a circus and Las Vegas.”
Patti LuPone Isn‘t Retiring but Broadway Has ‘Dumbed Down the Audience’ by Turning Into ‘Disneyland, a Circus and Las Vegas’ https://t.co/Cx5bx2Pfg5
— Variety (@Variety) October 19, 2022
• NBC Boston: Rorie Susan Woods of Hadley tried to stop an ongoing eviction by unleashing hives of bees. She reportedly smashed the hives while wearing a beekeeper suit trying to get the bees to attack police officers. Several officers and bystanders were stung.
• Law & Crime: Randy Gene Kaufman, a GOP candidate for a seat on an Arizona school board, may face felony charges after the police caught him masturbating in his car across the street from a preschool. Kaufman reportedly told the cop, “I’m sorry. I fucked up. I’m really stressed.”
‘I F****d Up’: Trump Supporter and GOP Candidate for College Board Allegedly Caught Masturbating Near Preschool While Watching ‘Interracial Porn’https://t.co/Hq3HAg5d94
— Law & Crime (@lawcrimenews) October 19, 2022