Some news items you might have missed:
• Buzzfeed: Out recording artist Greyson Chance went viral at age 12 and shot to fame with the help of Ellen DeGeneres. Now 25, the singer opens up for the first time about how he’s “never met someone more manipulative, more self-centered, and more blatantly opportunistic” than the former talk-show host.
"This is the first time I've been honest about her, and this is the last time I want to talk about it. I’ve never met someone more manipulative, more self-centered, and more blatantly opportunistic than her." https://t.co/b79DPILE9G
— BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) September 23, 2022
• The Advocate: For the first time, two gay candidates – one a Democrat, the other a Republican – are vying for the same seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. The district leans Democratic, but the race is competitive.
• Instinct Magazine: Japanese bodybuilder Yokokawa Naotaka went shirtless before throwing the first pitch at a baseball game in Japan.
The last frame of this collage should be sculpted in marble. His form is obviously beautiful and it’s impressive to see how the musculature works.
Naotaka Yokokawa pitching for baseball game. pic.twitter.com/GwCSJpPcd7
— ☀️ Gauche Douglas (@douglasboberg) September 22, 2022
• New York Times: During an interview with Fox News, Donald Trump claimed that when he was in the White House, his powers were so broad he could declassify virtually any document by simply “thinking about it.” His lawyers, however, have been reluctant to repeat such claims in court.
• Washington Post: Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked legislation that would have required super PACs and other groups to disclose donors who give $10,000 or more during an election cycle.
• Pink News: Heartstopper fans get ready – filming for season two of the beloved LGBTQ+ series is underway, and there are new characters to fall in love with.
Heartstopper Season 2 is officially in production and a few people wanted to say "hi" pic.twitter.com/7MQ1NWhqkx
— Netflix (@netflix) September 22, 2022