Some news stories you might have missed this week:
• Queerty: Grey’s Anatomy star Jake Borelli chats on everything from his early childhood crush to his Survivor obsession to all the ways “Dr. Levi Schmitt” has changed his life.
• Buzzfeed: Right-wing pundit told the internet that Jojo Siwa is “faking” being a lesbian for attention. Jojo clapped back.
I haven’t watched the video yet…. But if it has anything to do with your caption, respectfully back the fuck off. https://t.co/a2SeX2jomk
— JoJo Siwa (@itsjojosiwa) April 7, 2023
• WUSA9: A Virginia woman staged a 36-hour standoff with police after allegedly breaking into her ex-girlfriend’s condominium, threatening her, pulling out a gun, firing at the ex, and then kidnapping her.
• LGBTQ Nation: Far-right Rep. Majorie Taylor Greene shocked 60 Minutes’ Lesley Stahl claiming President Biden supports pedophiles.
“Wow.” 60 Minutes uses their prestigious platform to showcase Marjorie Taylor Greene. Then Lesley Stahl seems surprised when Greene calls President Biden and Democrats “pedophiles”. pic.twitter.com/mG4Wevmr9Z
— Mike Sington (@MikeSington) April 3, 2023
• The Hill: Republicans in Montana are trying to change the rules for next year’s Senate primary to make it easier to defeat Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.) by changing from the party primary system currently in place to a jungle primary in which the top two vote-getters advance to the general election regardless of party.
• Meet The Press: In an interview on “Meet the Press,” Trump lawyer James Trusty tried to frame Trump’s Mar-a-Lago document case as a “Democratic narrative,” but NBC News’ Chuck Todd pushed back with the facts.
Chuck Todd to Trump lawyer Jim Trusty: "He's done with classified documents what no former POTUS has ever done… there was actual cooperation by those former presidents to deal w/the dispute. In this case, not only is he not cooperating…how do explain him defying a subpoena?" pic.twitter.com/k12K2P92zh
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) April 9, 2023