Some news items you might have missed:
• Out: In a recent episode of the podcast And That’s What You REALLY Missed, GLEE creator Ryan Murphy revealed the role of Mr. Schuester (played by Matthew Morrison) was originally written with Justin Timberlake in mind. And the character was conceived as a meth addict…
• The Advocate: Pete Buttigieg appeared on CNN’s Who’s Talking to Chris Wallace? over the weekend to discuss his life as transportation secretary, and how taking ‘parental leave’ was definitely not a vacation. The 40-year-old shared times he was on Zoom meetings on his laptop sitting in ICU near his newborn’s hospital bed.
• Twitter: Former President Obama breaks down in simple logic why “heck of a football player” Herschel Walker may not be the best choice to serve in the U.S. Senate.
Obama: "Some of you may not remember, but Herschel Walker was a heck of a football player… does that make him the best person to represent you?… let's say you're at the airport & you see Walker & you say, Hey, there's Herschel, Heisman winner. Let's have him fly the plane!" pic.twitter.com/ObyfIsOAEA
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) October 29, 2022
• Broadway World: I recently posted about the passing of Broadway director/choreographer (and my friend), Chet Walker. BW asked several of today’s influential dancers and choreographers about their experience working with the dance master.
• JoeMyGod: Far-right homophobe Charlie Kirk says his group takes men out into the woods with no phones where they “deprive you of calories, of sleep, we break you and we teach you something, and then you learn how to become a man.” Funny, I got there via good friends without the need of being “broken.” Go figure.
— JoeMyGod (@JoeMyGod) October 31, 2022
• Instinct Magazine: The first episode of The White Lotus Season Two premiered this weekend on HBO and folks are already talking about it. Season One scored 10 Emmy Awards, so I’m definitely watching. Check out the trailer below.