Some news items you might have missed:
• US Weekly: Out ABC News correspondent Gio Benitez has been announced to handle host duties for GMA3 after the regular hosts (who are married to other people) were caught having a romance of some sort. The gig is temporary for now, but who knows? Congrats Gio!
• The Advocate: Jim Kolbe, a longtime Republican congressman who came out as gay in 1996, died Saturday at age 80. Several news outlets began looking into Kolbe’s sexual orientation after he voted in favor of the heinous 1996 Defense of Marriage Act.
"As much as the social conservatives might not like to hear it, there will be a time when your grandchildren say: 'What was the argument with same-sex marriage? Who cares?'" Jim Kolbe said in 2006. https://t.co/fXq43jll8i
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) December 5, 2022
• Pink News: Elliot Page hopes his candid memoir about his life, personal experiences and relationships – titled Pageboy – will “help someone feel less alone” and “feel seen.” Scheduled for release June 2023.
• Out: Eric Ryan Hazen, otherwise known as Tyler Roberts in the adult film industry, has passed away. Last month, his boyfriend shared on social media that Hazen had suffered “suffered heart failure” and was “in the ICU fighting for his life.”
Eric Ryan Hazen, otherwise known as Tyler Roberts in the adult film industry, has passed away.https://t.co/hAPHd7ETE1
— Out Magazine (@outmagazine) December 5, 2022
• Buzzfeed: The pop culture site recently asked gay members of the BuzzFeed Community to share their stories about coming out after they’d been in a heterosexual marriage. Here are some of their stories.
• Twitter: Donald Trump is now trying to deny he ever called for “the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution” so he could be re-installed as president.
Trump on Saturday: “A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution."
Trump today: pic.twitter.com/6ytnBWGzYf
— Kaitlan Collins (@kaitlancollins) December 5, 2022
• New Music: Singer-songwriter and producer, Mothé recently dropped their latest single, the carefree mid-tempo bop,”Happy.” The music video for the song features the artist breezily dancing through the streets, wine glass in hand.
Mothé says “Happy is about struggling to be the one that moves on more slowly, but it’s also about seeing others feel joy and wishing I had the capacity to feel it too.”