Some news items you might have missed:
• Instinct Magazine: A new Marvel Spider-Verse storyline will introduce a gay Spiderman as well as a T-Rex version named Spider-Rex. DC Comics recently introduced a bisexual son of Superman storyline.
• Out: Netflix announced that it is not picking up the queer animated adult series Q-Force for a second season. The secret agent-themed show, which was led by Sean Hayes voicing the main character, featured a cast that included Wanda Sykes, David Harbour, Laurie Metcalf, and Stephanie Beatriz.
• PopCrush: On Reddit, a protective father shared how he called his sister out for disrespecting his transgender son by deadnaming him, which resulted in him promptly storming out of her wedding.
• The Advocate: Check out 100 photos from Pride events around the country that show what queer joy is really about, and that the LGBTQ+ rights movement is still fighting for equality — and looking fabulous doing so.
While states across the country pass anti-LGBTQ+ bills — many targeting trans youth — people have taken to the streets this #Pride Month to defend their rights. https://t.co/svTAa3TuYJ
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) June 29, 2022
• Washington Post: This fall, vaccine makers will begin rolling out a new coronavirus vaccine adapted to protect against omicron. The fall shots would include a component from BA.4 and BA.5, the omicron sub-variants gaining ground in the United States.
• Houston Chronicle: Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is fighting with a Muppet again. This time over a short PSA showing perpetually 3-year-old Elmo getting a COVID shot. Cruz falsely states ‘zero scientific evidence’ is provided despite a large graphic at the end sending parents to GetVaccineAnswers.org.
Thanks, @sesamestreet for saying parents are allowed to have questions!
You then have @elmo aggressively advocate for vaccinating children UNDER 5.
But you cite ZERO scientific evidence for this. Learn more:https://t.co/Ss20TmFTSB https://t.co/tr67QyfRyC
— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) June 28, 2022