Some news items you might have missed:
• Pink News: A Florida church is forcing people of faith to sign an anti-LGBTQ pledge if they want to remain members of the church.
• Audacy: Weeks after a Philadelphia Flyers player refused to wear a Pride jersey because of Jesus, the New York Rangers scrapped plans to wear rainbow-themed warmup jerseys for Friday’s “Pride Night” without explanation, prompting confusion and disappointment.
The Rangers scrapped plans to wear rainbow-themed warmup jerseys for Friday’s “Pride Night” at Madison Square Garden, prompting confusion and disappointment from the LGBTQ community. https://t.co/8vQEkz838f
— 97.1 The Ticket: (@971theticketxyt) January 29, 2023
• Queerty: Check out this round-up of highly relatable tweets on the agony and ecstasy of the gay gym crush.
• Twitter: At his first 2024 presidential campaign rally in New Hampshire last night, Donald Trump claimed wind turbines “kill all the birds, destroy all the planes, and our beautiful oceans and seas and everything else.”
Trump breaks out his familiar rant against wind turbines, which he now claims kills destroys planes (?) and oceans pic.twitter.com/ZtzUeWFN1D
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) January 28, 2023
• Buzzfeed: People are defending nonbinary singer Sam Smith after their new music video led to body-shaming from conservatives, other queer folks, and more.
• Rolling Stone: Prosecutors presented a ‘Proud Boy’ handbook in the sedition trial of several members of the far-right extremist group. Among the rules: “A Proud Boy may not ejaculate alone more often than once every thirty days […] if he needs to ejaculate it must be within one yard of a woman with her consent.”