Some news stories you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Luke Macfarlane, the actor who recently starred in Billy Eichner’s gay rom-com Bros, announced on Instagram on Wednesday that he and his partner out, gay skier Hig Roberts, are now fathers.
• New York Times: A federal judge sentenced Daniel Rodriguez, 40, who savagely tasered an officer defending the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, to more than 12 years in prison. Rodriguez expressed some regret for his actions as he asked for leniency but shouted “Trump won!” as he was led out of the room by federal marshals.
As he was led out of court today, Daniel Rodriguez yelled, "Trump won!"
"He'll have 13 years to think about that," Mike Fanone told reporters outside. https://t.co/Wjq6r6Hnxm
— Jordan Fischer (@JordanOnRecord) June 21, 2023
• Associated Press: Geraldo Rivera has quit as one of the lonely liberal voices on Fox News’ popular political show “The Five,” saying that “a growing tension that goes beyond editorial differences” made it no longer worth it to him.
• NPR: Voting along party lines, the House of Representatives voted to censure Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) for his past actions while leading investigations into then-President Donald Trump. The action amounts to nothing more than a public reprimand.
Schiff's closing: "My colleagues, if there is cause for censure in this House – and there is – it should be directed at those in this body who sought to overturn a free and fair election… Today I wear this partisan vote as a badge of honor, knowing that I have lived my oath" pic.twitter.com/BzOTTLpJOk
— Aaron Fritschner (@Fritschner) June 21, 2023
• The Daily Beast: File this under “Infighting is Funny” – The messy feud between Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) fell into public view on Wednesday, when Greene called Boebert a “little bitch” to her face on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives.
• Billboard: Not only has Elton John become the highest-grossing solo artist and top ticket-selling solo artist ever, but his “Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour” has now become the top-grossing tour of all time earning more than $887 million at the box office.
Elton John and His Band Receive Billboard Awards For Making Touring History https://t.co/0ErWbrlwI3
— billboard (@billboard) June 21, 2023