Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Amy Grant, the Queen of Christian pop and 2022 Kennedy Center Honor recipient, recently announced she is hosting the same-sex marriage of her niece.
• Out: Check out this round-up of of former and current crew members of the RuPaul’s Drag Race Pit Crew including Bruce Alcantara (below).
• Mediaite: Recent polling from Fox News found 58 percent of registered voters are not “glad” to see Donald Trump running for president again.
• RawStory: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) is under fire after she accused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) of being “complicit” in the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol for not calling in the National Guard. Note: The Speaker of the House has no authority to calling in the National Guard.
You are, as usual, lying.
The Speaker of the House *can't* call out the National Guard.
The President can.
But Donald Trump did not.
Instead, he just sat in the White House watching TV, clapping his little doll hands in giddy delight over the mayhem at the Capitol he caused.
— Mrs. Betty Bowers (@BettyBowers) December 24, 2022
• Washington Post: A rapidly growing measles outbreak in Columbus, Ohio — largely involving unvaccinated children — is fueling concerns that parent resistance to routine childhood immunizations will intensify a resurgence of vaccine-preventable diseases.
• New York Times: Pandemonium at U.S. airports on Monday as a wave of canceled flights — Southwest Airlines canceled 65% of its flights — ruined holiday plans and kept families from returning home during one of the busiest and most stressful travel stretches of the year.
Thousands of travelers were stranded at U.S. airports on Monday as a wave of canceled flights spoiled holiday plans. Southwest Airlines, which canceled 65% of its flights, was the airline most affected. https://t.co/mje7d4bBsR
— The New York Times (@nytimes) December 26, 2022
This is what it looks like at Dallas Love Field Airport – Southwest Airlines.
As of right now, 2,675 flights canceled, that’s 66% of flights, according to Flight-aware.
— Malini Basu (@MaliniBasu_) December 26, 2022
Still stranded at the Vegas airport (24+ hrs, multiple canceled flights) This is the @SouthwestAir rebooking line. It wraps around and then goes all the way to the end of the room. It also doesn't move #Southwest #southweststolechristmas #southwestAir pic.twitter.com/OmCCuqLRn9
— Evan Knupp (@EvanKnupp) December 26, 2022
This is just part of the line to rebook at the @SouthwestAir counter at @DENAirport. It’s been 3+ hours long all day. Via FlightAware: Southwest has 415 DEN canceled flights, 69 delayed. United has 23 flight canceled, 191 delayed. @9NEWS pic.twitter.com/WL1aelG8c1
— Courtney Yuen (@courtyuen) December 27, 2022