Some news items you might have missed:
• The above graphic is dedicated to any and everyone considering National Coming Out Day… #comeoutcomeoutwhereveryouare
• Activists are warning people with HIV and other chronic illnesses to check small print when getting a new health insurance policy. Some insurers are refusing to allow co-payment assistance coupons from drug manufacturers from counting towards annual deductibles.
• Americans have ranked Barack Obama as the president who’s done the best job in their lifetimes.
• Observing the 20 anniversary since Matthew Shepard was kidnapped and beaten then left to die on a cold Wyoming night tied to a fence, his parents have announced his remains will be interred at the Washington National Cathedral later this month.
• The 750,000 citizens of North Dakota, where Democrat Sen. Heidi Heitkamp is struggling in the polls, could very well decide for the country who controls the Senate after midterm elections.
• UK recording artist (and Randy Report favorite) Calum Scott offers his own coming out story for National Coming Out Day.
Scott recounts a painful part of his young adult life – processing the complex emotions of being a gay teen and letting the world around him aware of his sexual orientation. Friends abandoned him early on, and it hurt. But in the poignant profile, he says he found the courage to be honest about himself through music.