Some news items you might have missed:
• InstaHunks: From the looks of woofy Jeff Ferreira’s photo (above) today, the high of 57 degrees in NYC must have felt preeeety warm 🙂
• Iowa Caucuses: The latest polling from Quinnipiac University shows Mayor Pete Buttigieg moving into the number two spot. Senator Elizabeth Warren receives 20% support among Iowa likely Democratic caucus-goers, with South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg getting 19%, Sen. Bernie Sanders at 17%, and former Vice President Joe Biden at 15%.
• NY Times: The Trump administration has filed a lawsuit against Gilead Sciences, which sells Truvada used as HIV-prevention medication for PrEP, accusing the company of earning billions from research funded by taxpayers without paying taxpayers back.
• Advocate: Scientists say they have discovered a new strain of HIV for the first time in nearly two decades.
• Watch What Happens Live: Queer Eye guy Karamo Brown initially told the press he and former White House press secretary Sean Spicer had become “friends” during his time on Dancing with the Stars. But on WWHL this week, Brown backpedaled on that saying there “was no friendship.”
• Washington Blade: Two judges have now struck down a controversial Trump administration rule allowing health care providers to opt-out of procedures to which they have religious or moral objections, a policy that threatened care for LGBTQ people and others.
Shut up! My Xmas album “HEY GURL, IT’S CHRISTMAS!” on @BwayRecords will be released digitally everywhere 11/8! Title track by @marcshaiman & ME!🎄Featuring @Alancumming @kathygriffin @normlewis777 @Lorna_Luft and Donald Trump..? Pre-order hard copies NOW: https://t.co/k90YFkMvQr pic.twitter.com/HptTiKngZj
— Randy Rainbow (@RandyRainbow) October 23, 2019