Some news items you might have missed:
• Out Olympic medalist Gus Kenworthy recently debuted his new hair style he jokingly dubs “petty in pink.” #PinkIsSassy
• Only 55 percent of Americans believe that gay and lesbian people face a lot of discrimination in the U.S., down from 68 percent in 2013.
• Lawyer Michael Avenatti has been arrested on charges related to an alleged $20 million extortion of the athletic apparel company Nike. His famous client, porn star Stormy Daniels, says said Monday that she is “saddened but not shocked” at the charges.
• Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has blocked a move by Senate Democrats to call on Attorney General William Barr to release special counsel Robert Mueller’s full report on the Russia investigation. It’s ‘too soon’ says McConnell.
• Police are looking for a man who opened fire at the gay bar, Toucan’s Tiki Lounge, in Palm Springs, California, this weekend. Two gun shot victims were taken to the hospital where they were reported to be in stable condition.
• Randy Report favorite Marina dropped her new music video last week, “Orange Trees.”
While we’ve only just passed the spring solstice, clearly Marina has her head in the summertime as she takes us to the beaches of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, with the upbeat electro-pop track and video.
Her upcoming album, LOVE + FEAR, is available April 26.