|Jonas Brothers score their very first #1 song|
Some news items you might have missed:
• The Jonas Brothers have officially topped the Billboard Hot 100 with their come-back single “Sucker.” It’s the Jo Bros first number one (previous high was #5) and first boy band #1 in sixteen years.
• Democratic Presidential contender Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) said this weekend that she never supported conversion therapy, despite working for an organization that promoted it.
• Milwaukee beat out Houston and Miami for the 2020 Democratic Convention scheduled for July 13-16, 2020. Since the Democratic ticket barely lost usually ‘true blue’ Wisconsin in 2016, this makes perfect sense.
• This idiot not only got a beat down for grabbing the employee at McDonalds, but he was sentenced to 60 days in jail. The customer was apparently irate he couldn’t find a straw. Watch him get more than he bargained for below.
• Jussie Smollett’s lawyer, Mark Geragos, says the former Empire star is getting ‘gang-banged‘ by the media.
• A Brazilian politician called same-sex kissing ‘obscene’ and suggested it could be punishable with prison time.
• Speaking of Brazil, Donald Trump has invited the country’s newly-installed, virulently anti-LGBTQ president, Jair Bolsonaro, to visit at the White House. #OfCourse
•Music icon Olivia Newton-John celebrates the release of her first memoir, Don’t Stop Believin’.
With her trademark positive outlook, the Grease star shares personal anecdotes including a new afterword (added after the Australian printing) of her stay in her own hospital, the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre, last fall when she experienced a fractured sacrum.
The four-time Grammy Award winner went undercover for a few weeks for treatment and shares how proud she is of the world-class facility.
She also shares never-before-told stories from her 50+ year-old career in entertainment.
You can order the book on Amazon here.