|The Chippendales handle the desert heat in style|
Some news items you might have missed:
• It’s heating up here in Las Vegas, but you can trust the Chippendales (above) to always keep cool as they dress for success.
• The American Psychoanalytic Association (APsaA) apologized today for previously treating homosexuality as a mental illness.
• Currently, 74 members of the House of Representatives support impeaching Donald Trump.
• Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) has introduced a bill in the U.S. Senate to expand access to PrEP helping ensure that communities disproportionately impacted by HIV – particularly Black/Latino gay & bisexual men and trans women – are guaranteed insurance coverage for life-saving preventive interventions.
Proud to introduce the PrEP Access and Coverage Act today, my new bill to:
✅require all health care plans to cover PrEP, follow-up visits, and tests with no out-of-pocket costs
✅expand access to PrEP for those uninsured
✅prohibit insurance discrimination against PrEP users
— Kamala Harris (@SenKamalaHarris) June 20, 2019
• International pop star Olivia Newton-John is putting that famous black leather jacket and pants from the finale of her blockbuster film, Grease, on the auction block along with more personal memorabilia. Proceeds from the auction will go to the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Center in Australia.
• Gay porn studio Sean Cody got in hot water for hiring a ‘model’ named Zane who sports a Confederate flag tattoo. Initially, the studio just blurred the tat thinking that would suffice. But an uproar caused the company to take down all videos using the performer.
• Grammy Award winning artist Daya drops her latest single, “Left Me Yet,” from her upcoming album.
In the music video, the openly bisexual singer/songwriter dances her way through self-criticism and doubt as the dance/pop bop grooves along to electronic beats.
“I push you away, why do I do that? / Impatient, but you’re patient with me / I’m surprised you haven’t left me yet.”
Raise your hand if you can relate 😉