|Tyson Beckford and the Chippendales (click to enlarge)|
Some news items you may have missed:
• That time you’re at the Planet Hollywood pool in Las Vegas and notice Tyson Beckford and the Chippendales just hanging… #HappyFriday
• In this sneak peek from MTV’s The Challenge: Champs vs. Pros, Olympian Gus Kenworthy gets emotional recalling lying about his sexuality while being a professional skier.
• President Trump has no time to honor Pride Month, what with being so busy proclaiming June “National Ocean Month” and “National Homeowner Month.” As such, Ivanka Trump got a whole lotta backlash when she tweeted a bubbly message about how she “celebrates” and “honors” the LGBTQ community.
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS
— Tyler #ChosenFamily (@tyleroakley) June 2, 2017
Who is this “we” you talk about? Because your father isn’t celebrating us – that’s for damn sure!!
— Perez (@ThePerezHilton) June 2, 2017
Sorry, Ivanka, these easy ‘up with people’ tweets don’t let you off the hook. You & your dad just flipped the bird to the world
— Bill Shapiro (@Bill_Shapiro) June 2, 2017
• Chilean President Michelle Bachelet plans to send a bill to Congress later this year that will legalize same-sex marriage in her country. South America currently celebrates marriage equality in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Uruguay.
• MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough says his sources point to White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon as the “leaker” inside the Trump administration.
Joe Scarborough: Leaks for recent Kushner-Russia stories came from Steve Bannon pic.twitter.com/ZPXslKvV6f
— Axios (@axios) June 2, 2017
• A North Carolina minister is accused of kidnapping and assaulting a gay parishioner. The 23 year-old victim says he was slapped, punched, choked and screamed at for two hours in an effort to exorcise his “homosexual demons.”
• The film adaptation of Wonder Woman opens nationwide today boasting a rating of 94 percent on Rotten Tomatoes as of this writing, putting it ahead of popular super hero movies “The Avengers” (92 percent), “Guardians of the Galaxy” (91 percent), and tying “Iron Man” (94 percent). Watch the trailer below.